Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 56 - End of Mission 1

So, to recap, here are my original goals for Mission 1:
1) Continue to treat myself well mentally and physically, focusing on the joy of the journey.
2) See muscle definition in my photos (namely arms and stomach).
3) Achieve weight of 150 pounds, putting my total loss at 16 lbs.
4) Lose 15 total inches anywhere on the body.
5) Increase the amount of weight I can lift in all workouts of the Level 1 MS program.

I would have to say I achieved 60% of that, but it feels like a lot more. There are many more immeasurable aspects of this process. I have been treating myself better for sure, and I am happy about being able to start to see some muscle definition, though it is small, and I was able to increase the amount of weight I was lifting from the beginning until now. However, the fact that I didn't make it to 150 lbs or 15 inches really doesn't bother me much. It would have been nice, sure, but my pictures are so much better and I still lost 10# overall and 3.3% body fat. My beginning and ending stats look like this (according to the MS calculator, not actual measurements)
Day 1: 23% body fat - 38 lbs fat, 128 lbs lean
Day 56: 19.7% body fat - 31 lbs fat, 125 lbs lean
So I did lose 7 out of the 10 lbs in fat. Again, it would have been nice to preserve all of the lean tissue, but I'm just starting out here so I'm not going to worry about all that just yet. I want to get to my goal weight and body fat %, then I'll worry about more specifics of building lean mass and all.
So anyway, it's the end of the first Mission and I'm looking forward to the next, that's for sure. I believe with the experience of this one under my belt, I will improve much more over this mission's stats during my next mission. Here's to the next 54 days!

Here are my final mission 1 pics - I still laugh every time I see my day 1 pics - I was so miserable then but looking back now the look on my face is just funny!


No comments: