Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 67 - Progress!

Thanks to everyone who has been checking in on me, sorry I have not been doing much updating here. Things are just busy, as I'm sure they are for all of you as well. I have been doing well on my program, some days better than others, but that's the way life is, right? I am finally seeing results, and I think that if I had been taking a daily picture like before I would have seen them earlier, but oh well. We took pictures in the beginning and again for a progress check after 2 months and I saw a lot of difference. Still not up to posting them yet, I am so embarrassed about how bad my befores are. But I am glad to be making progress and I can see it now on the scale as well as in some of my clothes. Yahoo!! According to my latest set of measurements, I have lost 6 pounds and 12.5 cm which is about 5 inches all around, and have gained 4 cm (1.5 in) in my shoulders. The shoulders thing is kind of weird, I have never done measures on that before, but I swear it goes up each time. There wasn't any fat on my shoulders and my arms have a lot more definition so I am going to say that it is muscle gain even though that's kind of a lot for that. We'll see, perhaps I am a little off on my measurements, that is a hard area to get just right and I am not used to doing it in centimeters. Anyway, I also have been using an Omron bf scale and even though it is not totally accurate, it does show trends, and that has shown that I have lost 2.4% bf. So by my calculations, that means that almost all of the weight lost has been fat. Hopefully that is true, I have for sure gained muscle so I don't know how that works since my lean body mass number is the same, but whatever. I am just glad to have visual and numerical progress. Some of my clothes are fitting much better, I am waiting until I have lost a significant amount before I try the jeans on because it is so depressing to not be able to fit into them.
My goal for the first 2 months of the LEP was to lose 12 lbs and 5% bf, and I did not hit that, but still I am happy with my progress because I feel like it is more permanent and that is more important to me than the numbers. I got almost exactly halfway to my goal, and to be honest, the first 3 weeks we were doing a lot of background and prep type things so we didn't do a real hard workout or have a lot of nutrition changes yet. So I guess looking back I should not have been that upset about not seeing results right away. The results I have now are really over about 6 weeks and that's not too bad. Am I rationalizing? Hope not. Anyway, the fight against fat continues...
So, things are good for now. I appreciate the comments, I do see them, again, I just don't get here often to respond or update. So hope all of you are doing well in your journeys, be back soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni, I am so excited for you! It's about progress, not perfection! You put up pics when you are ready. I haven't been posting much in my blog either...soon I will be. Be watching.
Hope all else is going well for you. I think of you often!
your shredder sister,
Suzette

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking about you. hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I dream the collection should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started to get real money.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com Online Investment Blog

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Laggin Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Find HD Movies, Console Games, Music, Software & Download Them @ Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the shoes were approximately 240 pounds on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were all over 190 pounds on every page. But definitively I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that singular model. The prices for the boots were all over 240 bucks everwhere. But for all I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are around 240 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood ways to build an income online.